HOME | SCHEDULE | REGISTRATION | EDUCATION | ATTENDEE | EXHIBITOR | HOTEL
Space is limited in many of the training sessions and are reserved through registration on a first come first served basis.
Thursday, May 17, 2018
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Proper Techniques for RF Connectorization Training by Radio Frequency Systems
Speaker: Ephesien Redvil, Radio Frequency Systems
Co Speaker: Scott Nelson, Hutton Communications
Training Description: One of the critical elements in every RF communications system is the connectors. This hands-on course presented by expert instructors will not only show & tell how RF connectors are properly installed, but participants will get a chance to practice correct techniques themselves. Successful participants will receive a certificate of competency.
Training Abstract: One of the critical elements in every RF communications system is the connectors. A poorly connectorized cable or waveguide can severely degrade the radio link and create many challenges for troubleshooting poor performance. This hands-on course will cover the fundamentals of RF propagation over transmission lines, as well as show & tell how RF connectors are properly installed.
Overview of coaxial and waveguide transmission lines, including types and specifications.
Accessories – tools, mounting hardware and application techniques.
Hands-on training focusing on proper installation techniques.
- Understand fundamentals of RF propagation in transmission lines such as coaxial cable and waveguide. Understand effects and impact of poor connectorization.
- Learn how to properly install an RF connector on coaxial cable and/or waveguide.
- Demonstrate competency in installing RF connectors on coaxial cable and/or waveguide.
Level of Training: Beginner, Intermediate
Max attendees: 12
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wireless Network Planning Tools Training by Cambium Networks
Speaker: Vernon Tindell, Cambium Networks
How to use Cambium’s planning tools LINKPlanner, Capacity Planner and cnMaestro for network planning and manageability of private field area networks for reliability and long term.
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Minimizing Cost and Maximizing Flexibility with Licensed Spectrum Serial Networks Training by GE MDS
Speaker: Tom Schwartz,: GE MDS
Co Speaker: Craig Tedrow, GE MDS
Training Description: This training session will demonstrate various ways that the GE MDS Orbit can simplify network configuration for serial-based SCADA systems. We will illustrate how MDS Orbit serial services support lower cost-of-ownership, removing the need for third party equipment, and simplifying configuration maintenance.
- Show how to set up serial pass-through over QAM modulation without the need to set up an IP address plan
- Show how to set up TCP client-side permanent connections
- Show how to set up a TCP server to support multiple simultaneous IP connections.
- Show how multiple polling hosts can simultaneously talk to the same physical serial port in either TCP or UDP mode. This training is for communications specialists and automation engineers responsible for device and network configuration of SCADA systems that interface to serial-based equipment.
- Build understanding of the MDS Orbit serial terminal services
- Learn how to configure serial services without having to establish a full IP addressing scheme
- Learn how to configure serial services to support multiple polling SCADA hosts