Request for Applications - ENTELEC Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the Energy Telecommunications and Electrical Association (ENTELEC) are soliciting applicants for a corporate/associate member vacancy on the Board for the 2017-2018 conference year. The Board of Directors is looking for persons in the SCADA or telecommunications area who want to learn about the latest technologies as well as work with a team of industry leaders to further the mission of the organization.
ENTELEC was founded in 1928 to provide a forum for SCADA, automation, and telecommunications technologies. It has a Board of Directors comprised of ten members drawn largely from the energy industries and their suppliers. The Board meets twice per year, usually at a conference location. ENTELEC conducts an annual conference, including technical presentations and a trade show, typically located in Houston, TX. The second annual board meeting takes place during the ENTELEC Fall Seminar Series, usually in a September to October timeframe.
Benefits: Membership on the ENTELEC Board confers numerous benefits:
- Network with SCADA and telecommunications leaders in the energy industry from across the U.S.
- Learn the latest advances in technology through review of papers from leading energy and technology companies.
- Learn about the latest product offerings from a wide range of SCADA and telecommunications vendors.
- Learn the mechanics of coordinating and organizing a conference and trade show.
- Willingness to work with other technical leaders in furthering the goals of the ENTELEC
- At least a three year commitment for a Director position
- Employee of a current ENTELEC Corporate or Associate member company
- Attend two Board meetings per year (fall and spring)
- Ability to travel to the Board meetings twice per year
- Participate in monthly Board conference calls
- Approval from your manager/supervisor
The time commitment throughout the year is typically less than 5%. The most intense work is typically prior to the two semi-annual Board meetings.
Please complete the application and send to Blaine Siske at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2017. All applicants will be considered and notified of their status by April 7, 2017.