ENTELEC Fall Seminar – Call for Operator Presentations, Case Studies and Training
The 2022 ENTELEC Fall Seminar will be held Thursday, October 6th at the beautiful Marriott Odessa Hotel and Conference Center in Odessa, Texas.
The ENTELEC Association Technical Committee is working to increase the number of operators involved with the educational opportunities offered at ENTELEC. We are looking for Technical Presentations especially from the Operator Community. Presentations should feature solutions and discussions of overcoming challenges and describing how technologies are being applied across the entire energy sector including petroleum, pipeline, natural gas and electric utilities.
These educational sessions may be presented individually, as a panel discussion or with a group of operators and feature vendor participation as well. The Technical Presentations are generally 1 hour in length, including any question and answer discussion time. Submissions focusing on the following categories are encouraged, as well as new, relevant and in demand topics, especially those relevant to the Permian Basin:
- Digital Transformation and Operational Efficiencies
- 5G / Next Gen Wireless
- IIoT / Field Communications Technology for Oil & Gas
- SCADA Integration / Data Analytics / AI
- Field Communications
- Cyber Security
- FCC/Tower Regulations including Lighting, Siting, OSHA
- Drone Applications in Oil & Gas
- LTE / LoRa
This is an opportunity to share how a solution or application utilized by your team would benefit the ENTELEC audience and help position yourself as a resource to the industry. The ENTELEC Technical Committee is open to consider any of these type of topics, and we understand that it may be necessary for presentations to be generalized to ensure trade secrets, product specifics and processes are not revealed or discussed. Panel discussion or co-presentations with the vendor community should include a balanced number of operator presenters and vendor presenters.
Presentations that contain commercial content will NOT be selected! ENTELEC attendees expect to hear relevant, product neutral information, not listen to a sales presentation.
ENTELEC is also interested in Technical Hands-On Training. Training to help prepare techs for the challenges of working in oil and gas. We are interested in Training’s that allow attendees to learn to troubleshoot equipment, analyze problems and reach real-time decisions. The Trainings are approximately 2 hours in length, but if a shorter or longer time is requested, it can be arranged. Primary topics of consideration will be those listed above as well as the following areas:
- Multi-Point and Point to Point Radio Systems Training
- Spectrum Analysis and Diagnostic Training
- Propagation Mapping
- SCADA Systems Integration Training
- Networking Training – 101/201
- Communications Training – 101/201
- Line Sweeping / Fiber Testing
- Connector Training
- Generator Maintenance
- New Training Topic relevant to the Permian Basin area
ENTELEC is open to other topics and is always looking for new, innovative, relevant and exciting content of interest
Trainings will be allowed more flexibility to discuss product specific equipment/services based on the topic.
If selected, Speaker/Instructor (and if applicable Co-Instructor) will receive complimentary speaker registration.
Deadline for Call for Paper/Training Application/Abstract submission is Friday, July 1, 2022.
Selected abstracts/trainings speakers’ must be able to meet the following deadlines:
- October 3, 2022 – Presentation/Power Point Due using template provided by ENTELEC
- October 6, 2022 – Available to present (specific date and time will be assigned) at the Marriott Odessa Convention Center, Odessa, TX
If the submitted abstract/training is selected, the presenter(s) must agree to the following:
- Presenter will discuss only educational information. This session may not be used to promote or sell a product or service. Attendees expect to learn how to build or expand upon their knowledge – NOT listen to a sales pitch for products or services! * Trainings may be more product specific in nature.
- Presenter may incorporate meaningful visuals to illustrate their message. This may be in the form of slides, video clips, outlines or demonstrations.
- Presenter agrees to present a program that achieves the learning outcomes listed on the Paper/Presentation Submission Form.
- Presenter agrees to meet the deadlines outlined above
Questions or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 503-8700 x 205
ENTELEC is the world-leading energy operator member association. ENTELEC members deliver compliance, efficiency, security and innovation to the business units of energy companies such as petroleum, pipeline, natural gas and electric utility by leveraging all aspects of: telecom, information technology, the internet, digital transformation, IIoT, automation cybersecurity, AI/ML, computing from the edge to the cloud.